Saturday, August 25, 2007

More fool me (this time, I ran 1.5 w/o breaks)

What the hell was I thinking?! PAIN this morning.

So, I thought, hm, let me go running again. But, longer. And, on a treadmill. Sure, that will help.

How far? 1.5 miles. Pushed myself? Yep.

Wise? Not really. Now that I know it really just meant more pain by a factor of 10.

So, I spent about 40min massaging my quads because if I nearly fell down the stairs this morning en route to meet Ann (pre gym)... then would I now make it down from the top of this building without a smashed nose, jaw and/or skull?

(I keep thinking about that one time when I joined the crew team for AM exercise... up and down those stairs... a bajillion times... and then I could not traverse the stairs in my dorm for days. It was horrifying.)

Maybe the massage worked. Maybe cleaning the apartment worked also. I snoozed on the couch while thinking. When I woke and stood, no Extra pain. Good sign, right?

Hey... maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all. Well, the jury is out until tomorrow morning after 8 hours of inactivity overnight.

I just really want to know what the running hype is. Can you fault me for being eager?

No comments: